Communication

Until college, I was a very shy person with limited skills in communication.
However, I knew that in order to have a more enjoyable and successful undergraduate career, I needed to improve my communication abilities. Through Clinic Vols and the Jamaica trip, I was able to become more comfortable with patients by having to do patient assessments. By becoming more comfortable with patients, this also improved my communication skills. When I joined the HEAL lab, I was in a more professional setting that required me to make phone calls to participants. I became better at communicating through telephone through this. In the lifeguarding class I am currently assisting with, I am now improving in the area of giving instructions to others and being able to provide alternative explanations when necessary. Finally, the Dean's Undergraduate Advisory Board has allowed me to assist prospective students to determine whether a major in the College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences would be a good fit.

Clinic Vols

Jamaica Mission Trip

Healthy Eating & Activity Lab

Physical Education 256: Lifeguard Training - Teaching Assistant

CEHHS Dean's Undergraduate Advisory Board