CEHHS Dean's Undergraduate Advisory Board

Throughout my three years at UT thus far, there have been numerous occasions that I or one of my fellow classmates have felt that a change should be made to a particular part of the nutrition program. In addition, I have a strong desire to enlighten others to the great experiences available in the nutrition department by providing examples of my experiences. I wanted a chance to utilize my knowledge in nutrition research to faciliate assistance to potential students.

When I found out that this advisory board satisfied those aspirations, I was very interested in becoming a member. With this, I saw a legitimate opportunity to have my voice heard by those in charge at the university and to share my successful experiences with prospective students.

This board is comprised of two students from each of the 7 departments within the College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences, who were all selected based on exceptional motivation and capability. I currently serve as a representative of the Nutrition Department, and have had the opportunity to voice my opinions and concerns to the Dean of the CEHHS, and was given feedback on how to accomplish my goals.

So far, I have been gathering input from my peers concerning specific objectives in order to amend the curriculum. Also, I was able to represent the college at the Open House for students interested in attending UT. I look forward to the progression of my goals throughout the year and hope to improve the experience of an education in nutrition for future students.