Teamwork

In order to be successful in the healthcare field, one must learn and accept that they are a member of a healthcare team, composed of professionals knowledgeable in diverse aspects of patient care. In order for the patient to receive the highest quality of care, all of their individual providers must be willing and capable of communicating with each other to determine the best treatment plan.

Through several of my experiences in college, I have learned how to be a team player, in both the literal and figurative sense. Through the mission trips, I have learned to rely on my colleagues to split up tasks to accomplish a goal. In addition, I have been involved with sports since childhood, and college has been no exception. I have played intramural sports each year. My skills with teamwork will greatly benefit me later, as I hope to one day be a member of a healthcare team. Below are links to the activities mentioned above.

Jamaica Mission Trip

Montana Mission Trip

The picture below is from the Jamaica Mission Trip. It shows all of the members of the Optometry Team.
Photobucket