Town of Oneida, TN - City Pool - Lifeguard

I held this position in the summer of the transition between high school and college, and it served the purpose as my first actual job. It was a great personal shaping experience for me, as I learned the value of money by working at a near- minimum wage job. This also taught me a great deal of responsibility from a different angle than I had learned throughout high school. The fact that I was in charge of protecting the lives of others definitely made me aware that I should take the job seriously.

Although I did not realize the great amount of healthcare I would learn from this job, this was also my first experience with administering first aid in a professional setting. I put forth full effor in doing my duties of performing patron survelillance, administering first aid, performing pool maintenance, adding chemical to the pool, and ensuring that the pool area was safe for patrons.

I had hoped to continue this job the following summer, but unfortunately this was the last year that the pool remained open due to budget cuts. However, this experience helped me to obtain my current job as a lifeguard at the Student Aquatic Center at the University of Tennessee.

carissa oneida pool