Chancellor's Honors Program

My decision to complete the Chancellor's Honors Program has been one of my most rewarding experiences in college. From the first semester of my freshman year, to my current progress on my senior thesis project, I have been provided with opportunities for exciting and diverse studies.

Beginning with the freshman seminar class entitled "Sex or Celibacy: An Early Christian Controversy," to the study abroad class taught in England entitled, "From the Cloister to the College: The Birth of the University," the honors program has broadened my worldly knowledge and experiences by encouraging me to step outside of my comfort zone. This program helped me to undertake my first research experience in my Lifespan Nutrition class; I completed a basic study that was meant to introduce me to research methods. The next year, I completed another research project with a different professor in the Nutrition department. In this, I was able to learn basic laboratory techniques in the Type 1 Diabetes lab.

Currently, I am gathering data on ant morphology that will provide a bsis for a comparison of ant nutrition based on size and structure in a given environment; I plan to use this data to complete a thesis paper in the spring of 2011. Being a member of the Chancellor's Honors Program has enriched me as a person by exposing me to so many diverse aspects of life. This has been one of the most meaningful activities I've taken part in during my college career.


Below is a group shot of honors students from the Study Abroad trip to England during May 2010. This was taken at Platform 9 & 3/4 at King's Cross Station in London.
Photobucket