Study Abroad in Cambridge, England

During the month of May 2010, I participated in an international learning class in Cambridge, England. This was lead by UT faculty member, Dr. Thomas Heffernan. This was a wonderful experience that greatly broadened by view of the world by allowing me to encounter individuals of other cultures and adapting to a much different environment. I was able to visit and learn more about many historical sites in a nation saturated with historical significance.

I made the most of of my trip by also taking an spontaneous trip to Malaga, Spain and experiencing life in a place where I do not speak the language. This enlightened me to how non-English speakers in the US may feel and helped me to better understand their struggles with communication.

Following the trip, I've had the opportunity to be an advocate of the program for future students at university sponsored study abroad fairs. I've enjoyed being able to share my experiences that helped me to grow as a person with those that could benefit from a similar experience.

Photobucket