Course History

Throughout my undergraduate career at the University of Tennessee- Knoxville, I have completed coursework that will benefit me in my future academic plan. From the beginning, I began taking hard science and math classes, such as Honors General Chemistry, Biodiversity, and Calculus 1. In addition, I took several non-science classes to give me a greater expanse of knowledge, such as Psychology, Sociology, Nutrition 100, and an Honors social science class.

Throughout the next two years, I continued to take chemistry, biology, and physics courses in conjunction with nutrition classes to complete classes required for both the Nutrition major and Pre-Health concentration.

In the summer of 2010, I committed to the decision to follow the path towards optometry by enrolling to take the Optometry Admissions Test (OAT), which is a requirement for admission. In addition to the requirements for the Nutrition major, I took several extra classes to facilitate my knowledge of science and the human body. These extra classes made my undergraduate experience more challenging and increased the value of my undergraduate education.

I am currently taking basic science classes, along with theory of optometry classes to build my understanding of eyes and how they work within the body.